[AT] OT - pressure washers

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Oct 17 07:31:14 PDT 2013

I agree to the 8hp minimum.  I have a 12 hp 4000psi 4gpm Devilbiss w/ a
Cat pump.   It will cut fan belts and I found out that a part time
(idiot kid) employee could cut into a tractor tire with it.   I bought
an electric 5hp heated unit last year, and it works as good as or better
than the gasoline one the heated water moves the grease and dirt off
with a soap injector.
  With the rotten gasoline we get now, I prefer the electric one as I
have lost carburetors on 3 engines this year and I use ethanol free
gas.   With each unit, I drained the gas out and ran the engine until it
died.  My chainsaw does not have the problem and I think it is because
it uses oil mixed gas and stops the corrosion of the aluminum carb.
However, I have lost 2 battery operated fill-rite fuel pumps to internal
corrosion.  It may well be the poor grade of aluminum we are getting
from foreign made parts.

Just my $0.02

Cecil in OKla