[AT] Antique Tractor & Hit & Miss Engines Sale

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Oct 15 19:48:04 PDT 2013

To ATIS List members,

WSM is a legitimate auction house in Phoenix AZ. I have been to several of
their auctions in Phoenix in the past few years. WSM is a bit hard core and
cold and buyers need to be very careful since (anything and everything) is
sold without any guarantees or warranties. But that is typical of many
auctions and auctioneers with buyers fees and local sales taxes on auction
items.  I met "Big John" at an WSM auction last spring where I purchased a
tractor and had a fairly long conversation with him. He himself was an
active collector of antique tractors and antique AG equipment. My first and
last impression of him was fairly good.  He was not really active in the
daily WSM business anymore and died not too long after I met him.

I have not met Raquel that I recall but I suspect she was just trying to
drum up interest in an auction that she has some personal attachment and
emotional investment in.  However, I also suspect she doesn't fully
understand or appreciate that these kinds of free membership lists such as
ATIS should not be exploited for commercial purposes. I would suspect
ignorance is behind the intrusion rather than any ill intent. In reading her
apologies I think she now understands the mistake she has made and has
requested information on how to unsubscribe from the list and has also
sincerely apologized for her mistake.

I recommend we should just write it off as a unfortunate mistake and
learning experience on her part and just move on.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.