[AT] PTO compressors

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Mon Oct 14 09:35:32 PDT 2013

Dick,
     He must be involved with those melons and pumpkins not far from
you.  I was surprised a few years ago when at the airport, I saw cactus
growing in the sand.  I had no idea you had a little piece of AZ there.:-)
     I think the towable screw compressors work quite well for that
job.  You do have another engine to keep operational besides a tractor,
so I can understand wanting a pto powered unit.  I am working on an old
compressor in my shop that belongs to a friend of mine.  He wants to get
it going to blow out lawn sprinkler systems. The compressor needs to
turn at about 1700 rpm for 90 lbs of pressure at some unreal cfm
figure.  Maybe 160 cfm?  If I get it going, it will supply air for my
blasting cabinet as payment for my work.  Or, maybe I should just tell
him it is hopeless and buy it from him?????:-) ;-)

Ron Cook
Salix, IA