[AT] Model 60 Hood removal

Paul Waugh paul at plwaugh.com
Sun Oct 6 15:41:56 PDT 2013

I have been working on removing my model JD 60's hood.  I figured take the
bolts out and lift off. Doesn't seem to work that way. I have a parts
catalogue and it looks straight forward. I have a shop manual (SM-2008) and
I cannot find any place that show hood removal.  But I am beginning to think
the gas tank comes with it, making it weight heavy.  I Googled and got mixed
reviews, but one fellow said it did come off with the hood.  Any one have
experience with this?

Second question. The power steering builds up pressure and blows oil through
the breather hole in the fill plug. What could cause this, the steering
seems to work OK.

Paul