[AT] OT - Question about chain

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Nov 27 05:58:58 PST 2013

Steve,  I use both and both have advantages and disadvantages.
I will offer that the kind of nylon straps I use do not stretch
like nylon rope or the snatch straps that are designed to stretch.
Please don't operate under the mis-conception that chains won't
come flying at you when they break.  I generally throw an old coat
or something over my tow lines or run them through an old tire
if I think they are in danger of breaking.  That absorbs the energy and
stops them from flying.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Charlie