[AT] OT - Question about chain

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Tue Nov 26 10:59:11 PST 2013

Hi guys, I need to upgrade the rag tag bunch of chains I have around the
place and I'm looking for some input.  I generally use the chains to
pull on trees that are hung up on others and to dangerous for me to cut.
I have some 1/4 grade 30 chain  that I have pulled on hard enough to
deform, and some 5/16" grade 30 that has held up well, but I only have a
short piece of that. I'm looking at 1/4" grade 43 high test that has a
working strength of 2600 lbs twice the 1/4 grade 30. I use either my
Massey 255 or my pickup depending where the tree is.  Do you guys think
the 1/4" grade 43 is enough or should I bump up to 5/16" $$. Any input
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike M