[AT] FEL Question

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Mon Nov 18 18:49:36 PST 2013

Greetings.

My son recently bought one of the new LS  tractors, I believe it's 37hp. As
I understand it, LS is the one who is now making the Boomers for New
Holland.

The tractor is really, really nice (it's not nice to covet thy son's
tractors)

Here is a link to the model he has.
http://legacytractors.com/buy-new/ls/tractors/xr-series/ls-xr3037hc

After a month or so, he had a palletized delivery come to his home. When it
arrived, he put his forks on the bucket and proceeded to unload it from the
semi that delivered it. We are estimating that it weighed about 1400 lbs.
It was then he discovered that he had a hard time getting the loader to curl
back. He gave it more and more throttle but it just would not tilt back.
Luckily, he was able to lower it to the ground and then move it off the
road.

I realize that using forks extends the weight way beyond the pivot point,
but he still should have been able tilt it back.

He contacted the dealer. Since this is a brand new model, the dealership had
not really had much chance to work with it, other than prepping it for my
son.  He told them what happened and they agreed that something is not right
so they contacted LS. LS swears that this is by design. They said that this
was done because of customer feedback.  Really?  I'm sure there are
applications where a lot of downward thrust might be handy, but I am not
having any luck thinking of one.

His forks are not the skid loader type, they clamp onto the bucket.  I have
a pair like them and have never had a problem.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Dick