[AT] new line

Mike mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Nov 16 07:20:16 PST 2013

I am still around, Richard. And I thank you and others for asking about
me. Reading the Email and thinking about the tractors has kept my brain
active and functioning.

While I am still (reasonably) sane and rational and in good physical
health, the doctors won't allow me to drive or operate tractors (due to
a seizure I suffered on July 4). So this limits my activities and my
contributions to the ATIS discussion. I do, however, read EVERYTHING
that comes through.

Because of my physical/mental limitations, I am going to have to get
serious about selling off most if not all of my tractors over the next
year or so. The first to go will be the non-runners and duplicates. But
I would hope to hold off until at least the Spring, as the prices for
any kind of machinery in the Fall and Winter are poor. On the other
hand, some of my stuff is going to be a little hard to sell, no matter
what the weather, so "no reasonable offer will be refused". You can see
some of my "collection" at <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/>, The
website owner suffered a hit during Hurricane Sandy this winter, so I
need to re-post images that have somehow disappeared. But if anyone has
questions about individual items, contact me off-list at
<mikesloane at verizon.net), and I will get back to you and provide
additional information and images. One of the first things I need to
move out is the Ford 2N with two auxiliary transmissions - giving the
equivalent of ten speeds froward and three in reverse. (The Bad News is
that the freeze plugs popped because I was unable to drain the cooling
system when the temperature dropped below freezing, so the tractor has
to be treated as "ran when parked". The Good News is that everything
else is in decent condition.) It is also going to be a real pain to dig
out of my neighbor's barn when it comes time to remove it. (And I can't
do much to help.)

Best wishes,

Mike
Allamuchy NJ