[AT] OT: Rosebuds! The oxi-acetylene kind...

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Nov 15 19:06:23 PST 2013

    I would like to remind all of you that the original request was haw to
operate a rosebud tip for maximum effect. He asked nothing about heat
treating, annealing or consequence of excessive heat. That was all the
deviating posts which completely changed the scope of the message. All you
eaperts, I admire your self worth as it relates to the original message. I
constantly see you deviating from the original message so it is no longer
relative to the original. Keep patting yourselves on the back, at least
someone has confidence in your skills.

    As to the original post to get most efficiency from a rosebud, I run my
Acetylene at 15 PGIG and oxygen at 20 to 25 PSIG. This will give about one
million BTU'S of heat. You can then regulate for less heat by regulating
with your torch handle knobs. The flame can be regulated down to about
300,000 bTU's. Any less you will want to use a #7 or #9 tip.

                    Gene