[AT] OT: Rosebuds! The oxi-acetylene kind...

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Nov 15 17:32:37 PST 2013

Thanks Steve.   I studies some of this stuff in school but that was a long
time ago and since I don't use it much,  I don't remember much of it.
Personally, if it was my stuff, I'd heat it up to get it loosened up and
wouldn't
worry much about it.  I wouldn't heat it white hot or even red hot.  It's
more
about the number of BTU's of heat you get in the metal than it is about the
temperature of the metal.  I know that might not make sense to some but
think about being burned by a match (high temp at a small point, relatively
low BTU's)
or warmed by a heat lamp or infrared heater (relatively low temps, high
BTU's)

Charlie