[AT] Ralph, shut the door!

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Nov 14 04:13:22 PST 2013

John a little less than 30 years ago, I don't remember the exact year off
hand,
we got a huge snow on Christmas Eve.  I took my mom to my sisters house in
Raleigh
for Christmas.  We drove the first 25 miles west in 4 wd.  When we got over
in the
Kinston area there was no more snow.   I think we had about 8 to 10 inches
at home.
Most of the snow we get here comes in off the ocean similar to the lake
effect
snows in the great lakes region.  We don't have them often but when they
come
they are game stoppers.  If I hadn't had a 4 wd blazer with big, all terrain
tires on it
we wouldn't have made Christmas in Raleigh that year.