[AT] OT

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 17:49:15 PST 2013

Dave, have you looked at Mavericks (the free Apple OS) yet? I've been
looking for someone who's tried it. We have machines on our (work) net that
span from '98 to Win 8. My preference in desktop OS's (I'm a unix/linux nut
for my own stuff), hands down, is Win 7... it works.  Not always have I
seen this from MS.
Win 8? I abhor the interface. Every time I need to do something, I have to
google how to do it. Once I have the hotkeys figured out, I'll be OK but I
really cannot state my dislike for Win 8 strong enough.
Microsoft has been finding out how badly they misjudged the marketplace on
this one, from what little I've heard. And of course they are forcing folks
into it whether or not they want to. Hence if the Apple OS works alright,
there may be a real backlash to Win 8.

Just my thoughts.

Ken in AZ