[AT] Sad!

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 20:08:26 PST 2013

My roots run back to the 1830's in this area, but most of the land changed hands during the depression.  There is family land adjoining what I own, they bought what they farmed during the 1930's after others had bought the better land they lost.   "Gooch's Mill" was the community, named after the family that started a water powered mill there during pioneer days.  He was my 5x grand father.

I just wish I had my grandfathers (both sides) Jumbo steam engines, the family Duesenberg and from a vague description, what may have been a Fordson F.  There is an fuzzy and undated picture of the farm in it's prime, I'm guessing the 1920's, with a biplane in the field in front of the house.  One granddad died before I was born, but the other one sure enjoyed passing his stories along.

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com - May also be used when responding as rugenl at prairiehome.k12.mo.us