[AT] Misc tractor recommendations?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 3 04:37:12 PST 2013

John S., 2 vey good points you made!

  We don't deal with the amount of snow most folks on here get but
occasionaly we get some pretty nice snow events. I agree that you can run
out of HP real quick. We don't have anything with four wheel drive so that
is a consideration as well. We generally scrape snow with a 40 hp tractor
simply because it is gas (cranks easy). The only other one we have with 3pt
is a 90 hp Deere that has always been addicted to a block heater and strong
batteries in cold weather (anything under 45 deg.) Occasionaly the smaller
tractor can't take a full cut with the blade, we just deal with it by taking
a little extra time/more passes or switching to the Deere.

Never really thought about it but some estate sales I have been to really
did have some nice equipment that had not been abused. I suppose sometimes
the equipment may have been completely worn out if the fellow was older and
had made a business decision that what he had to work with was going to do
the job regardless of its condition until he was no longer able to use it.

John Hall