[AT] Misc tractor recommendations?

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Nov 1 17:47:03 PDT 2013

    Dean;

    Congrats on your prospected new home.

    My relocating experience was was as you are describing. Bought the
property in November 2002 and finished moving in in July, 2003. Spent 9
months commuting to make improvements and clean up the property. My drive
also tends to drift and one of the evening trips would have me stranded at
the road if not for the little Case dozer already in the barn to clear the
snow to be able to finally get the car to the house. Had heat in the house
and an air mattress and sleeping bag to spend nights here. Be sure to take
the keys with you!!!!

    I recommend a dedicated mower for the grass. My front deck Gravely is
great for mowing around the trees and with a 5 foot cut makes reasonably
short time of mowing about 4 acres. A compact tractor with a loader and back
blade will do a very nice job with the snow and moving any material around
the place. Of course the Super M will do all the farming that needs being
done. Get a good reliable chain saw to keep the trees and brush under
control. Start attending farm sales to get hand tools you need, rakes,
shovels axes etc.

    Can you reveal the location? Hope it is toward my direction.

                        Gene