[AT] On Topic: to be or not to be

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Wed May 29 20:55:40 PDT 2013

I have been a lurker on this list for many years. At one time, I made
frequent posts, until I got caught up in that Walt thing. After many
nasty remarks from him I quit posting for a year or so. After things
calmed down I decided to try posting again. The very first post I sent
Walt came down on me with both feet, including a nasty note sent
directly to my E-mail. I again quit posting, as I don't need that kind
of aggravation in my life. After a time Walt was kicked off this list,
so I tried again. First post I got blasted off the earth by someone and
two of his buddies  chimed in to say anyone who knows this guy knows he
is usually right. I exited the list again and have been just a reader
for several years.   About a month after I quit posting, I was thinking
about it, and realized I had replied to a post from the Farmall   list,
and that the bad reply came from one off their most respected members.
The thing that burned me was this was his first reply to the list in
almost two months. I have not replied to any list since, which has been
several years.

  I have missed posting to the list, and have probably been upset with
the wrong list; however Walt was on this list.  For the last quite a
while, the list has been quite civil; however there was  a fairly long
stretch when there were people who seemed to like to find something
wrong with many people's replies and seemed happy to point out to them
they were wrong. Myself, I don't really think there are any wrong
replies, just different ways of doing things. I also like to think the
people of this list are smart enough to know what will work for them and
what won't. I also feel that people can decide for themselves what is
safe and what isn't . I have always felt that I know a little about a
lot of things but not a lot about any one thing. At this point I guess
my question is, should I start posting again? I don't want to sound
critical about this list, because it is the first thing I look at each
day, however I would like to feel that if I do post again it would be
taken at face value as just an opinion and not dissected to see if every
word I said was correct or if statement I make is 100% correct. I hope
I'm not sounding too fussy, but would like to be accepted as one of the
gang such as Farmer was; boy, how I miss his posts. So what do you think
gang; shall I rejoin the living or not?

                                                                 Greg
Hass, in the thumb of Michigan