[AT] Oliver Iron Age Potato Planter parts issue

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed May 29 06:12:33 PDT 2013

My beautiful planter got broken on Monday! My workers were planting and
somehow (I can't actually figure out how!) the drive clutch on one side
broke - literally the two dogs on the casting broke off. Naturally as Oliver
bought AB Farquhar in 1951 and Oliver shut down production of these models
somewhere around the early 60's if that late, I can't find the part at all.
I am going to have to have hte local machine shop make a reasonable facsimil
of this part. But naturally I am looking for backup parts for this unit as
it is literally a critical part of my farming operation.
     Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i could find parts? The
Yesterdays Tractors website has several people who said a few years ago that
McConnell in NY still has/makes parts for the Iron Age units, but I can not
find any information that suggests they are still in business now.
           Grant Brians
           Hollister,California vegetable, fruit and nuts farmer