[AT] Small Gas engines - OT

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat May 11 04:07:22 PDT 2013

Here is something I learned from ATIS, possibly even (dare I say) the engine
list. We wound up with a couple NOS Briggs 110 volt starters, we acquired
them and a bunch more parts from a Briggs distributor. I inquired on ATIS as
to what a 110 volt starter was for and a few folks chimed in to say they had
them on snow blowers. Being Southern to the core I couldn't understand why.
Then it was explained to me that quite often snowblowers are run in REALLY
cold weather making them hard to start, so batteries just wouldn't hold up.
Thank goodness when it snows here we wait 2 days and it all melts!

John Hall