[AT] Gas problem now diesel

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon May 6 20:37:37 PDT 2013

I add 1 qt of 2cycle oil to 100 gallons of fuel when my dealer delivers
it in my 500 gallon tank.  I put a pint of oil in each tank on my 95
powerstroke.
If you have some nasty black stuff in your filters it is probably
algae.  You need an algaecide.  Power service makes a good one.  I have
used it and it works.   I have never had a fuel tank without a final
filter.  I worked for a neighbor a couple of years ago who had a 2008
100 hp deere.  Forgot which model.  Nice tractor.  He had a 100 gallon
tank in the back of his pickup and no final filter.  It got algae in it
andwe spent over $700 and 3 days time later that winter getting the
tractor to run.  It took out the fuel pump.  Get a good filter on the
tank outlet and keep it changed.....

Cecil in OKla