[AT] Gas problem

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon May 6 18:35:54 PDT 2013

We've seen a huge increase in fuel related repairs over the last couple
years.  This spring has seen several carb rebuilds already on everything
from old cast iron Marvel tractor carbs to the plastic carbs on Briggs push
mowers. I ran into a lot of white corrosion in a Chinese dune-buggy carb
this past winter--not easy to get that stuff out either. A friend is a Stihl
mechanic and he says they will not rebuild a carb unless a new one is not
available or is ridiculously priced. We've come across a couple carbs this
year that seem to be a little harder than normal to get clean, wish we'd
have just put on a new carb.

John Hall