[AT] On Topic: to be or not to be

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Fri May 31 15:11:32 PDT 2013

Hi all.
I don't post on here much, but I verry much enjoy reading all of the
posts on here.
Currently I am a highschool student, soon to be a Jr actually.
As crazy as it seems I am visually impaired, and can't see a thing at
all. I raise cattle, drive two cylinder John Deeres, etc. I do not let
the visual impairment stop me from doing what I want.
It takes a lot to afend me, so post away! I love gaining new knoledge
about tractors old and new.
To answer David's question, if you are in Iowa or Nebraska or
wherever, there is a tractor show in Shelby (Sorry if I misspelled the
city,) called Carsten Farms. It is always the weekend after Labor Day.
They have a couple of tractor parades, threshing machine, sawmill,
corn maze, etc. They also have plowing demonstrations in the field.
Another thing about the show is the demonstrations about how the
farmhouses were run. The show you how to make cloth, clothes, etc.
On Saturday night, they have real good chicken dinners. After
everybody has been served, then most peopl just sit and talk. Some
folks that brought tractors go out and drive around.
Hope that helps, good luck with your tractor search.
Regards,
Tyler Juranek
Iowa

On 5/31/13, Herb Metz <metz-h.b at comcast.net> wrote:
> David,
> Plow days and other such activities are good events for learning;
> geographically you need to clue us as to your whereabouts (ncTX, eMO, etc).
>
> Allis Chalmers is a good choice; really any color antique tractor is a good
>
> choice. Suggest going to several tractor shows and talk to every participant
>
> that you can about their opinions, experiences, and reasons why they have
> whatever they have, etc. You are a young guy so you probably don't need to
> make notes, but you can't remember everything.  Make an effort to personally
>
> know and spend time with every antique tractor enthusiast in your area; and
>
> again their opinions, experiences, reasons why, etc. And what major work
> they are planning, and maybe offer to help at that time.
> Welcome; you have chosen a good antique tractor forum.
> Herb (GA)

Check out my youtube channel, and spread the word!
http://www.youtube.com/tylerthetechy/