[AT] Fixing an improvement

Mike mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri May 31 03:48:53 PDT 2013

I had a 140 that the PO had replaced the OEM steering wheel with an
undersize wheel. <http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_140/> I not
only was difficult to steer, but it looked funny (to me). I guess it is
a matter of opinion.

I also have a Super M that came to me with an undersize wheel
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/superm3.html>, and I
found the proper wheel for it by accident. I like the OEM wheel a lot
better.

Its your tractor, and you can do with it whatever you like, but I think
they are easier to steer with the larger wheels. I am just an average
size 5' 10' person, and I suspect that the older tractors were designed
for my size person.

Mike