[AT] A little OT

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Tue May 21 18:48:36 PDT 2013

I have not used a chop saw in years but I found myself in need of one again.
I did some quick research and found that my local TSC carries the Kawasaki
(AllTrade) 14" chop saw for $99. The reviews were mostly 5 star.  I picked
one up, brought it home and was immediately disappointed. The only real
negative review I read was not about the saw, but the wheel that shipped
with the saw.  I ran into the same thing, the wheel cut great for the first
20 seconds and then it looks as if it became glazed and would cut no more.

I am cutting cold steel 1/4" stock, not aluminum (I remember that using some
wheels on aluminum can cause this).  I went back to TSC with the wheel and
they happily pulled a generic one from stock and sent me on my way.  It's
better than the one that came with the saw but think I'd like to get
something a little more aggressive.

Arthritis has really taken a toll on me and I just cannot exert much force
anymore without hurting.

Can anyone suggest a brand or type of wheel that I could get that would
allow me to cut a little faster? I am not as worried about a super smooth
cut as I am getting the material cut quickly.

Thanks

Dick Day