[AT] OT--lawn and garden parts

Dick Day dickday0 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 15:44:28 PDT 2013

Back in 1989 I bought a Deutz Allis Ultima 1916. By the time we added the
deck, vac and cart, and duals on the rear ( we had lots of hills) I believe
it came to about $7k also.  The deck weighs almost as much as some of the
Husky riders I see at TSC.  It has a 16hp Kohler. Other than replacing the
starter once, it's never been in the shop for repairs and still runs fine.
 Cosmetically, one of the rear reflectors came off and there are a few
places on the sides of the hood that have scratch marks, other than that,
it's in perfect condition. It's never spent time outside when we were not
mowing.

No need for a calculator, I'm pretty sure I've gotten my money's worth.

I would never has spent that much on a mower, but a good friend owns an
Agco dealership about 45 miles from here and convinced me that this mower
would be a good investment.  He was right, you get what you pay for.

Dick