[AT] John Deere 1010

Bruce Fallon bfallon at whidbey.com
Wed May 15 09:18:29 PDT 2013

I split the tractor yesterday and found the hub which drives the splined
sleeve which was mounted to the pressure plate by 3 rivets was no longer
mounted. The rivets had come loose and eventually sheared off. New Auburn
pressure plate from JD is $312.  I used 3 grade 8 bolts and remounted it and
also put some small weld beads on it.  Splines are a little worn but I don't
believe it will give me any problem. If it had been a JD shop repair I am
sure they would want a new clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing,
splined drive sleeve, plus labor probably would have been $2000 to $3000 or
more for the repair. If anyone is interested in pictures reply to me and I
can send some.  I don't have a posting sited to post them.
Spencer is there a way to reestablish the image depot on the ATIS site?

Bruce Fallon
Langley, WA 98260