[AT] John Deere 1010

Bruce Fallon bfallon at whidbey.com
Mon May 13 21:07:14 PDT 2013

I have a  1010 RS Serial 15047 which I was using to Rototill using a 5ft PTO
tiller. I was just finishing when the PTO and the hydraulics quit.  From
looking in the parts book it appears the "sleeve" which drives the shaft for
the PTO clutch and also powers the hydraulic pump may have broken or ??  Has
anyone been into this type of tractor.  It looks like splitting the tractor
like replacing the clutch is the first step,  I had not seen anything like
this before as the sleeve is driven from the pressure plate while the input
for the transmission is driven from the clutch disk. That is how they get
live PTO and Hydraulics.  When I purchased this unit they said they had been
running a 5ft tiller all along and I have used this with my 5ft mower and
also a PTO chipper.  Fortunately the tiller was raised when it quit and I
was able to drive the 8 miles home to my shop where it now sits waiting to
be split.

Bruce Fallon
Langley, WA 98260