[AT] No politics - and a tractor question.

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat May 11 12:45:21 PDT 2013

Spencer,  I agree time to get back to tractors and I apologize for leading
the
off topic thread.

If you have ripper teeth for your box blade you can probably get the job
done
with it but unless you have down pressure hydraulics on your tractor you'll
have a hard time moving that much soil with it unless it is plowed up first.
I'm assuming where you are you have heavy soil with maybe some rock in it?
Even here on flat, sandy land it's hard to move a lot of "virgin" dirt with
a box blade.
It just won't get a bite.  The ripper teeth serve two purposes, obviously
they rip the
land up but they also tend to pull the box down to the ground if everything
is adjusted
right.

Charlie