[AT] Predator Engine/Tiller update

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat May 4 09:48:18 PDT 2013

Well after a busy week I finally got time to mount my
new Predator engine on my tiller late on Thursday afternoon
and Friday afternoon I fired it up, adjusted it and test ran
the tiller in the garden.   Man am I ever happy with it.
I don't know how long a 90 dollar engine will last but
it sure does run smooth and has lots of power.

When I mounted it I needed a new pulley for the engine.
The one on my Briggs and Stratton was about shot.
I couldn't find a 2" like the B&S had so I put a 2 1/2" on it.
That is essentially a 25% overdrive.   Even with that pulley
the engine will pull my tiller just fine idled all the way down
to slow idle.   Turned up mid throttle or more it doesn't even seem
to know the tiller is hooked to it.

It bolted up exactly like the B&S and everything lined up nicely.

Just thought I'd share that.  Now I need to get out there and get
busy on my garden which is way behind but given the cool temps
here this spring I don't think it much matters that I'm late planting.

Charlie