[AT] uncomfortable houses

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Mar 26 08:11:43 PDT 2013

Cecil,  about 20 years ago a friend of mine built on a flood prone creek
front lot.
It doesn't flood often but when it does it's bad (hurricane).
He built the house 10' up above a masonry block, 4 bay garage.
He did exactly what you are talking about.  He has a fork lift mast mounted
against
a wall with a platform built on the forks.  He has a 12 volt hydraulic pump
mounted
up on the wall with 2, 12 V deep cycle marine batteries running it and a
battery tender
hooked to the batteries.  It has micro switches on the mast to shut the
motor off at
the top and bottom so all you have to do is get on the platform and press
the up button or
the down button.  It's been working fine for all these years.  I replaced
the mast
bearings for him about 10 years ago (he didn't have time to get to it and I
had the time.)

Charlie