[AT] O.T. - thermometers/FNC spongies?

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Mon Mar 25 07:36:43 PDT 2013

Apparently my two “just plain stick” thermometers (approx 1/4” dia x 6” long) have left home?
I need them for checking soil temperatures 1/2” below surface.
My google efforts finding more thermometers last year was to no avail.  There are many thermometers available, but they are cumbersome and/or have other unnecessary gadgetry. Any help appreciated.

Last week FNC had a honesty check across the United States.  This several day short feature included a “just released” stick- on spongie? that one could dial up in some manner and determine its location.   I could use many of those; what was its name?