[AT] most uncomfortable to drive tractor

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 24 20:12:03 PDT 2013

On 3/24/2013 7:55 PM, Mike wrote:
> Ralph, you've shown us both your plowing rigs, why don't you use your
> bigger tractor all the time? Does it burn too much diesel, or does the
> plow leave you with banks that are to high?
> Mike M

Mike, much as I enjoy the comfort of working in the 2090, a dozer blade
would never get me through the winter on my driveway unless we had very
little snow. If I had been ridging it up with the blade since November I
think I would have hit the limit of what that tractor would push by mid
January. Every time a blade leaves a ridge, it forms a perfect snow trap
for next time the wind blows. And in this country that is pretty often.
The blade ridges get higher every time until the day comes even a four
wheel drive tractor would be hard pressed to hammer through.
Did I post this video link of driving my driveway in the Blazer already?
It was several weeks ago and the snow is a good bit deeper now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C9YrPALWgg&feature=youtu.be

Ralph in Sask.