[AT] most uncomfortable to drive tractor

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Mar 24 15:32:52 PDT 2013

I've probably told this on here before but a friend of mine, high school
buddy, is a very successful
farmer.  As soon as he was able he started running new JD equipment.   One
of his new JD's, his big HP
main work horse, had a mechanical issue under warranty during the season and
the dealer brought him
a 100 HP Long to use while they worked on the JD.   Another, not so
successful famer, who ran Long
tractors asked him one day how he liked that LONG, smiling as he said it as
if he expected the guy to
really like it.  The JD farmer said "not worth a damn".  The Long farmer
said "why, it's got plenty of power".
The JD farmers said "an elephant's got plenty of power but you can't farm
with him".
The crown in the store, me included, cracked up.

Charlie