[AT] Moline Universal Tractor Manual.

John B rustyacres at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 07:52:09 PDT 2013

Barry and all-

The Moline Universal was a motor cultivator type of tractor built during the teens and early twenties. It had two large drive wheels in front and a variety of implements that could be attached in the back.

An elderly friend of mine owned one several years back and I stored it from him in my barn. It ran very well and we displayed in at many area shows- it always got a lot of attention. Due to his declining health, he decided to sell the Universal, which I did for him. It ended up going to a tractor jockey in Belgium and I assume it is still in Europe somewhere, hopefully being displayed there. My friend has since passed away and all that is left are many wonderful memories of the good tractor times that we had plus a xerox copy I kept of the 80 page original manual that he acquired with the tractor.

I have scanned this manual into a pdf file and sent a copy of the carburetor section to Barry. If anyone else is interested, I will be happy to send pdf files, just respond off list with your request. The carburetor file is about 500 kb and the entire manual file is  12.5 MB. I do not remember what make the carburetor was, but it definitely was not a Marvel-Schebler.

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com