[AT] Off Topic: Well Drilling

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Mar 14 04:48:25 PDT 2013

Grant,  our aquifers are probably in the 100 to 200' depth range here but we
have good ground water in many areas.   When I was a child many folks had
wells at their houses and around their farms that were less than 20'.   I
wouldn't
want to use one of those wells today without having it tested.   The house I
live
in is on a shallow well.   I don't know how deep it is or even exactly where
it is
but the same water pump has been running on it for 30 years that I know of.
The water has a fairly high mineral content, about 140 ppm, but there is
nothing
in it that will hurt you and the water taste is good.   I probably just
jinxed that
well and pump.  We have had county water lines past the house for the last
20 years I guess but I never saw the need to hook on.   It's just another
bill to pay
and one more thing to make us dependent on government.

Charlie