[AT] Antique activity and was RE: Summer is here

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed Mar 13 17:02:43 PDT 2013

Yesterday here in northern California, mid 80s to upper 80s, today 81 - with
mid to upper 70s for a while and no rain in sight. I have the pumps running,
that's for sure. We have Potatoes in the air and the first corn was planted.
Interestingly enough some of the spring fruit trees that normally have
blossomed are not starting to swell yet thanks to the cold weather we had.
     The International Ag Expo in early February had shirtsleeve
temperatures in the low 70's and frosts in the early AM. An interesting
year.
     Antique farm equipment content, today I put a new Water pump in the
Oliver 770 cultivating tractor, we just used for the first time this year my
1949 Oliver 77 (tractor #1 that I bought to start farming in 1974!) and
today we were cultivating with the other Oliver Fleetline 77 and we planted
the Potatoes with my Oliver Iron Age Potato Planter.... Yesterday I also
replaced a pipe that I installed in 1974 by one of the barns. Moving forward
and looking back all at the same time as usual....
         Grant Brians
         Hollister,California Vegetable, Nuts and Fruit Farmer