[AT] OT - Wood chopping clip

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sat Mar 9 08:32:00 PST 2013

Charlie,
     Gotta be.  I can see no reason that I would split a nice fire log
into any more than quarters, and usually just in half.  I was not
referring to those little matchstick ones he made.  I start my fires
with a little pine split up into small, but an armload lasts all
winter.   I only start the fire once a day, if that.
     I burn elm when I can find it.  Pretty scarce in these parts, too.
Twisted up, stringy stuff that I would not attempt to split without a
hydraulic splitter.  Dang near impossible to stack after split, too.
     You can have that splitting maul and keep it.  My shoulders would
not allow that thing around.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA