[AT] OT - Wood chopping clip

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 8 12:02:29 PST 2013

I suspect he built that because he is no longer able to swing an ax or maul.
Still I can see some uses for it.

Most of the wood I split is given to me by a guy that is in the tree service
business.
It's almost always oaks that is from someone's yard.
Some of the blocks he brings me are 3' or more in diameter.
A lot of the smaller stuff has knots in it.   Most of it would be too heavy
to lift onto
that rig and if you could it would never split it.   I use a 12# maul and
wish I had a bigger one.

Charlie

Looks like hard work, there's no mechanical advantage that
even an axe brings plus he has to overcome the return spring.
With the wood he's splitting, I reckon I could out perform him with a
tomahawk. :-)

Tom