[AT] 3 pt backhoe

k7jdj at aol.com k7jdj at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 11:14:00 PST 2013

I have a couple of Case backhoes (580C and 580K).  On a couple of occasions I have used a tractor mounted backhoe (small JD 40 HP range) and found the tractor unit very difficult to work with .  The main issues were, operator comfort, (I am small 5' 6" 140 pounds),  control, an visibility all bad.  I would suggest if possible try each of the options you are interested in and base your decision on the outcome.

Gary

Renton, WA