[AT] [Farmall] Never heard such a bang

Mike mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Mar 1 15:54:23 PST 2013

I had similar problems with my Farmall 340 last year and discovered that
the bottom several inches of gas in the tank was mostly water. After
going through all the usual stuff several times, I drained all the old
gas and put in fresh, and the engine ran fine. The tractor usually sits
in an open shed with a gravel floor - so a combination of LOTS of
condensation and ethanol in the gas seems to have been the culprit in my
case.

Mike