[AT] Never Heard Such a Bang!

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Mar 1 06:42:49 PST 2013

    I have noticed that no matter where the points were made that many have
been on the shelf for some time. The tungsten on the contacts oxidizes and
prevents conduction. i have a couple contact burnishing tools and I
routinely use it to clean the oxide off the contacts. Tungsten oxide is a
very hard substance. and the diamond dust on the contact burnishing tool
removes this and does not leave scratches on the contacts.

    Another thing is that new condensers are not all good. If an engine is
running well enough you may be better off leaving the old good condenser in
place.

                    Gene