[AT] digging potatoes

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jun 30 04:57:50 PDT 2013

We’ve been too busy and the ground has been too muddy as well to dig/plow up our potatoes. Now that we have time, the weather forecast is for rain for the next week and the ground is already extremely wet. I’m afraid if we don’t get the potatoes out soon they will start to rot. We always plow them up when they are dry and have a building we store them in on shelves where we can pour them out not over 3-4 inches deep. I’m toying with the idea of getting them up regardless of the mud and washing them with a water hose—no scrubbing so as not to damage the skin. Then after they dry, move them to storage. Anyone here ever wash their potatoes before putting them in storage?

John Hall