[AT] Unusual 2-way J.D. moldboard plow

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jun 28 12:38:01 PDT 2013

Herb,

That is a fairly rare John Deere Plow and quite valuable to JD Plow collectors.  It is a
model 202 Mechanical Lift Two Way Moldboard Plow and if it were anywhere close to NW WA I
would be all over it like stink on manure.  These were made from 1944-1953. There is a 202 H
version of this same plow using Hydraulic Lift. These plows are a little bit clumsy and
gangly but did the job in their time.  The JD Parts Catalog for it is PC0213 and it can be
downloaded free as a PDF file from JDParts.com or upon request I can email it as an
attachment to an email. The PDF file is around 4.3 MB in size.  There is a series of these
type of Two Way JD plows: 101  - One bottom each way and 202 Two bottoms each way.  I own
three of the model 101 and 101A versions and have always wanted to get a 202 but have not
found a good one close by,  The closest I have found years ago was in the Missoula, MT area
and I wasn't able to justify the transportation cost from there much less the acquisition
cost. And that was when gas cost in the $1 a gallon something range. Wouldn't surprise me
one bit if it is still there.  The picture isn't good enough to tell what kind of shape it
is in and there is more stuff in the middle center of the plow than usual. Can't quite
figure out what it all is. However, if it is complete and in useable shape it is worth
$100's of dollars pushing $1000 if in pristine condition as a collector item.   Don't see
many of these at shows. Integral Three Point Roll-Over plows replaced these types of tag
along plows in the mid 50's although there were other two way plows.  I do have some
original manuals and sales literature for these 101 and 202 plows.  More pictures of this
type plow and many other JD plows can be seen at:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/tractor_plows/jd-1/202/

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll never need one again.