[AT] garden question; potatoes

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 21 19:12:35 PDT 2013

Greg, buzzard wings are all we use to bed and cultivate unless it is real
cloddy soil, then we'll put on the rolling cultivators. If your land is tore
up sufficiently you should not have any problems bending them. We've been
running them longer than I can remember and I don't know of any that got
bent (Dads 2 Super A's were used to cultivate 25 acres of tobacco for many
years). I imagine they are made out of some sort of tempered steel. Don't
know about the quality of stuff agri-supply sells but it should be decent
for a garden. Occasionally we have gotten cheap quality rear sweeps and had
those to bend. Nothing wrong with disc hillers and they definitely work
better in trash.

John Hall