[AT] JD AR

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 21 18:50:55 PDT 2013

Maybe I should have left well enough alone but I decided to take the
rusty rear wheel off the JD AR tractor today and try to sand blast the
rust off and repaint. The chloride in the tires is really rusting this
wheel and I am hoping it does not perforate the rim. It appears to be a
unique type rim that can't be substituted with one from another make .
One bolt head would not hold in the casting and I rounded it off with
the impact wrench before giving up. I was able to get the wheel off
without removing the bolt but now that the wheel is off and I can get at
it, that bolt is coming out for repair or replacement. I'm considering
draining the chloride as this tractor does no heavy pulling.

Ralph in Sask.