[AT] garden question; potatoes

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 20 19:39:43 PDT 2013

Speaking of genetically modified, got to love dealing with the general
public. I run an online ad to sell wheat straw most of the year. I had a
lady inquire this spring if I had organic wheat straw. I told her no but if
she were to search around on the net there was a farm in NC that raised
organic wheat a couple years ago. Then she emailed back wanting to know if I
"at least" had straw that was not genetically modified. I replied that GMO
wheat does not exist outside of research labs and test fields. Hybrid crops
are not the same as GMO. I went on tell her about all the wonderful chemical
fertilizer, insecticide, and herbicide I treated my wheat with. That was
enough to get her to go annoy someone else.

John Hall