[AT] Most wore out tractor (long)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 17 23:10:21 PDT 2013

On 6/17/2013 10:19 PM, Herb Metz wrote:
> Egg shaped holes in tractor drawbars are rather common, especially in large
> (for its day) tractors like the 44 HP Super M Farmall.  Our D-14 Allis
> Chalmers tractor has an egg shaped hole.  It is just 32 HP, but spent most
> of its life pulling a baler (must have been the horiontal plunger type).

The old 730 Case that was my uncle's main field tractor for years
actually had the drawbar replaced as I think he broke the first one.
That 730 has some wear and tear from the past 49 years but far from worn
out. I have a little more of the history behind it posted on a blog.
http://mindlessramblings-rlg.blogspot.ca/2013/06/on-road-with-730.html

Ralph in Sask.