[AT] Most wore out tractor (long)

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Mon Jun 17 18:04:07 PDT 2013

> In an effort to get the list woke up, what's your most
> worn-out tractor... and do you still use it?

Interesting thread!  I wish I was in a position to comment on the relative
stages of disarray of my vast old iron fleet, but I can't compete with the
great stories from Ken, Ralph, Mike, Charlie, John, Cecil, Carl, etc.

After giving it some careful thought, though, my most worn-out tractor is
without a doubt the 53 Super M Farmall.  The hole in the drawbar is slightly
egg-shaped, so I plan to keep a careful eye on it for the next 30 years or
so to make sure it doesn't get too bad.  It doesn't seem to be deteriorating
much these days, perhaps because I don't have anything to hook to the
drawbar other than a trailer ball and chain for occasional log-pulling
chores in the woods at the end of the yard, but it can't hurt to be careful.

Of course the Super M is also my *least* worn-out tractor...

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio