[AT] garden question; potatoes

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Mon Jun 17 14:02:19 PDT 2013

First, tractor reference; I plant and cultivate with my Farmall Cub. I
grow six rows of potatoes a little over 100 feet long. I was wondering
if there is a spray that can be used to kill weeds after both potatoes
and weeds are up. I have looked on the internet a couple of times and
every spray I found must be applied before the crop is planted. One
spray that looked like it might work said cannot be used on red
potatoes, which is what I grow. I applied Preen before the potatoes were
up and followed all instructions; but it did not control the weeds at
all. Using a hoe on this many rows is not practical because of my
allergies (anything with a handle; hoe, rake, shovel,etc. and my hands
break out in blisters). Any help would be appreciated.

            Greg Hass