[AT] Test, now antique shows

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Jun 17 05:19:18 PDT 2013

Herb Metz wrote:
> Mattias,
> Appreciated your selection of antiques.  The attractive Farmall with
> adjustable wide front appears to be an M model, but the circled letter on
> front sheet metal indicates an EM model.  Do you know why?
> I am of opinion that 1949 or 1950 Chevy station wagon with that nearly all
> glass rear end was not standard styling; this appears to be the Nomad
> version?    Also, what version had that big splash of chrome down the side?
> I like the idea of including tractors and cars/trucks in the same antique
> show; a few of the smaller shows in southeast USA do that.  Don’t know about
> other regions.
> Herb

The EM is a British built Farmall BM but was tagged as an EM for Sweden
only. That was to prevent confusion since there was  a company named
Bollinder Munktel already making BM badged tractors.
(British built Farmalls were tagged with B in front of the "common"
model id. so you could have a BH or BM or B450 or whatever. Some were
identical to the US version while others were slightly different)

1949 Chevy Nomad Wagon.

--
Steve W.