[AT] NorTrack tractors

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Sun Jun 9 09:57:19 PDT 2013

Dick, I've been following this thread closely as I am in the same boat.
I have a Massey 255 w/FEL that I use several times a week. It's starting
to show it's age however, and I seem to be fixing it more than I'm using
it. It's also fairly large and heavy and not real friendly to the lawn.
We have horses as well, so I use it to drag the paddock, haul manure,
etc. I use the bucket all the time to lift heavy items, push and pull
things around, it's very handy. I also need 4 wheel drive, I can't tell
you how many times I've gotten the Massey stuck. The 255 is about a 50
hp tractor, I don't know if I could get away with less HP if I had 4
wheel drive tractor, I suspect I could as I usually lose traction, and
have plenty power going to the wheels. I've started to look and the
Mahindra line but haven't test driven one yet. I have a dealer about 15
minutes away from my house. In my searching people seem to love them,
and they have special financing right now of 0% for 84 months. Hard to
beat 7 years of free money. Another one I may look at is Kioti, the guy
we bought our house from had a little one that he used to clear the
land. He is know to be hard on stuff, and I'm sure he beat the snot out
of that thing, but it still ran fine.

Mike M